Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: QHY174M-GPS calibration StartPos and EndPos
Linear Mode
Hello,

It is time to release my SharpCap script and my Addin for OccultWatcher.

Unfortunately, I have no "real" occultation event during the very short period with clear sky in the past 4 weeks.
I tested a lot my script inside. Only on rare occasion outside.

Several conditions are necessary:
- update OccultWatcher with the last version 5.2.0 (if not already done automatically)
- download the last beta version 4.1 of SharpCap (my script work only with the version 4.1.10652.0 or later)
- I guess that you need the ASCOM 6.5 or above (I'm not 100% sure for that)

Unzip the ZIP somewhere on your computer.
Open the PDF document ... and start to read it.

For the use ... you can connect SharpCap with the ASCOM Telescope Simulator and you can use the Sky-Simulator for testing the GOTO and PlateSolve functions.
The script can work with any telescope that can be connected to SharpCap. I tested with my EQ8 with SynScan and GSS. And I tested with my old Meade LXD75 mount.
The script is written for the QHY-174 GPS camera, but it should be possible to use it with any other camera (clear that the GPS function will not work).
If you have no EAGLE computer, then you can modify the line 81 to "EAGLE = False", that will speed up the start of the script.

Best regards,
Jean-Francois

.zip   Occultation_Addin_SharpCap_script_part-1.zip (Size: 779.7 KB / Downloads: 2)

.zip   Occultation_Addin_SharpCap_script_part-2.zip (Size: 992.73 KB / Downloads: 2)

Messages In This Thread
RE: QHY174M-GPS calibration StartPos and EndPos - by Jean-Francois - 24-05-2023, 20:32