Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: QHY174M-GPS calibration StartPos and EndPos
Linear Mode
Hello to all

Some information that may help Jean-François' goal

Occultwatcher allows you to get all the information about the event in a simple way: Just right click on the event and select "Additional Event Details". The information is obtained in the form of a .csv file.

The information about the recording parameters is available in the "Capture_00001.CameraSettings.txt" file in the SharpCap capture directory.

As I record my videos in FITS, the start and end time stamp of the recording can be obtained in the Header of the first and last FITS file.

Except for information such as: occultation result, sky condition, temperature, seeing, ... which can only be filled in later, all this information is collected in spreadsheets and processed with an underlying basic program (I use LibreOffice). This has allowed me for several years now to generate my Euraster and now SODIS reports automatically without having to make manual entries with the associated risks of errors.

I did not want to go further in the automation as Jean-François envisages (anyway my hardware does not allow me to do so). I am content to start my recordings at the desired time with a small Python program running under SharpCap.

Pierre

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: QHY174M-GPS calibration StartPos and EndPos - by plecam - 09-03-2023, 16:49