Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: QHY174M-GPS calibration StartPos and EndPos
Linear Mode
Hello Sven and Christian,

I download 2 days ago the DVTI software. I started it without connection to a camera (I have no DVTI camera).
I installed the OccultWatcher.DvtiCamControl.dll in OW directory and I "transfer" the event data directly from OW in the DVTI software. That works fine ... it is possible to transfer several events ... DVTI sort the events.

But several problems ...
- I have no DVTI camera
- the direct link works only if OW + DVTI software are running at the same time on the same computer
  (that is for me not possible ... the telescope and camera are connected to my EAGLE2 and I connect with remote (Ethernet cable) from a laptop. No computer is connected to the internet.)
- with OW today ... it is possible to generate a report from the template ... but only *after* the event time.
  I try to have the information in SharpCap *before* the event for the observation :-)

Concerning the SODIS template ... it is possible to have more text at the end ... the lines are ignored as long as no ":" is used. I tested it. The problem is ... it is useless now, while the report can not be generated before the event.

I contact Hristo and I will try to understand the OW add-in (that can take a long time).
My idea is to modify a little bit one available add-in so that the report is generated before the event (or ... Hristo modify the actual add-in so that the report can be generated before the event too :-) ... with additional information ... star coordinates, ...)
And then, this report can be used in SharpCap for setting some parameters (star coordinates for a GOTO, ...) and at the end of the video capture (it works if the capture is started from a script) SharpCap can write some additional information in the report (begin/end of the capture, telescope, camera, temperature and other information). After that ... finally the report can be used for upload in the SODIS database.

Good night,
Jean-Francois

Messages In This Thread
RE: QHY174M-GPS calibration StartPos and EndPos - by Jean-Francois - 08-03-2023, 22:55