Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: QHY174M-GPS calibration StartPos and EndPos
Linear Mode
Hello,

I wrote an update of my script of the LED calibration.
It is compatible for the future 4.1 version.
I will release it as soon as the SharpCap version 4.1 will be released.

In the meantime, I have an idea to write a script that could help the capture of the film with SharpCap during the occultation.
All my past occultation observations were done manually ... I wrote on a paper the name, number, date, star, ... and then later in front of the computer I set SharpCap with the information. I will try to simplify it.

Here some of my ideas for a workflow ...

- modify the SODIS report template, so that more information from OccultWatcher is inserted in the report.
- from OccultWatcher, generate the report for the event.
- in SharpCap script, load the report with the event information.
- set SharpCap parameters (target name, coordinates, time, ...).
- with QHY174-GPS connected, the script can show the remaining time until the event.
- the start of the film can be set and the film start automatically.

So if you have some ideas for the script ... please share your mind here :-)

Here a question for the developers ... in the template, each line begin with "#" symbol ... It is normally the symbol for a comment line in program code (Python, ...) how can I insert a line that will be ignored by the SODIS webpage ?
For example by doubling the first character ? "'##"

Other question to the developers ...
In the template some line have all upper case other lower case ... "event" is lower, "DATE" is upper ... is here some meaning for that ?
Concerning my first question ... each line with an information has ":", the line without ":" seems to be a title or information.

Regards,
Jean-Francois

Messages In This Thread
RE: QHY174M-GPS calibration StartPos and EndPos - by Jean-Francois - 05-03-2023, 12:48